Women’s History Scotland exists to promote study and research in women’s and gender history, particularly for those working in Scotland or working on Scottish themes. It has a commitment to history at all levels and aims to provide a network of information and support to all. Browse our website for news of activities and projects concerning women’s and gender history in Scotland.
The 2016 Leah Leneman Essay Prize competition for an essay in Scottish women’s or gender history is now open! Full details are available on the poster below. Any questions about the competition and the prize should be directed to Deborah … Continue reading
Women’s History Scotland is now accepted abstracts for papers to be presented at the Annual Conference at the Glasgow Women’s Library on Friday 9th September 2016. The theme this year is Feminisms: Histories, Ideas and Practice. From the Medieval to the Modern
Further particulars are available on the Call for Papers.
- 40 years of Scottish Women’s Aid – Sarah Browne
- Women in Scottish Policing: the first 100 years
- Centenary of Glasgow Women’s Rent Strikes
- WHS Annual Conference – Registration
- Sue Innes Memorial Lecture 2015
- Scottish Women’s Aid 40th Anniversary Heritage Project
- International Women’s Day
- Women’s History Scotland Leah Leneman Essay Prize 2014 – Results!
- Upcoming Event